No one ever wants to experience a crisis, but in a crisis you hope to have experience. The right crisis simulation will give you that experience.
With the clock ticking and the simulated crisis unfolding before your team’s very eyes, it’s up to them to work together to assess the situation, communicate effectively with key stakeholders and, ultimately, resolve the crisis in the least amount of time and with the least amount of repercussions.
In the heat of the moment, your team will experience an interactive simulation where they have to sift through news articles being published about the crisis and your organization, tweet with stakeholders and the media, create and publish statements and updates to the appropriate platforms (i.e.: your corporate website, news wires, social media channels, intranet, etc.), all while working together to resolve the crisis.
Our crisis simulation platform brings the typical workshop or training to the next level. It gives your team the opportunity to experience today’s crisis realities and challenges first-hand and test your organization’s crisis plan.
Our crisis simulations allow you to:
- Simulate any type of crisis imaginable and test any part of your team / departments that you want to test.
- Simulate everything from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram (and any other social media channel needed for your exercise), to the search engines, as well as major news sites and blogs.
- Provide you with the ability to respond in real-time on any necessary platform.
- Allow you to communicate and respond to the crisis in accordance with your crisis plan.
- Receive a detailed report, post-exercise, with all timestamped responses and communications entered by your team.
- The entire exercise unfolds on a safe and secure platform that is protected against hacks, search engine indexing and other “accidents” that can put your organization at risk.
A crisis is not something you ever hope to experience, though if one were to strike, you would want your team to have as much experience as possible in order to manage it quickly and effectively. A crisis simulation gives your team that experience, strengthens their skills and quickly identifies areas within your crisis plan that leave you more vulnerable than prepared.
The goal is to improve crisis management plans and skills
Once the simulation is complete, we provide you with a detailed report of the day’s events (including all time-stamped communications). This report highlights areas of strength and weakness and provides detailed recommendations and best practices for moving forward.
Prior to the simulation, we work closely with you to identify and develop the most targeted and strategic crisis situation to test your team with.
Imagine putting your team through a simulated crisis that feels so real you forget it’s a simulation. Interested? Contact us for a demo today!
Learn more about how Agnes + Day approaches crisis simulations by tuning in to Melissa Agnes’s podcast: How To Conduct a Crisis Simulation. This podcast is available online, as well as on iTunes and Stitcher.