I recently had the opportunity to be a guest on the Texan radio show “The Business Connection“, where I spent the better part of an hour discussing online / social media issues and crisis management with hosts, Tom Matlock and Pierce Adams.
I had a great time! Tom and Pierce asked some excellent questions and if you have the time, I strongly recommend you download the podcast and have a listen.
Within this radio interview I discuss the following topics
- The new rules of crisis management
- How to successfully respond to an online crisis and issue
- What types of businesses / industries are subject to online and social media crises
- The difference between a social media crisis and a social media issue
- How businesses who aren’t on social are even more at risk, and why
- What and how to monitor online in order to catch the red flags that indicate a potential online attack
- What social media monitoring tools are worth checking out – both free and paid
- When to call-in an online crisis specialist to help you through any type of negative online incident
- The biggest faux pas to online crisis management and communications
- How small and medium-sized local businesses can start protecting themselves from online attacks, now!
It’s a great listen for the car ride home, so be sure to download it now and add it to your mobile device!
Listen to my radio interview here – or download the .mp3 file
Listen to podcast:
Download .mp3 here: Click here to download .mp3
Be sure to check out The Business Connection Show’s Facebook page! They have some really awesome topics and guests on their show, on a regular basis – and you don’t need to be in Texas to listen!